3848 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC and Cisco Wless

gvala
Occasional Visitor

IMC and Cisco Wless

Hi all,

I have just installed the demo version of IMC standard and WMS, latest version (P03).

My client has a mixed wireless infrastructure with both an MSM 760 controller, some MSM 425 APs and a few Cisco (stand alone) 1210 and 1014 APs.

Both MSM 760 and MSM 425 can be viewed by IMC right.

However, I have a problem with Cisco APs. IMC recognizes corectly as wireless devices, and discovers model name, AP name, ios version etc.

But they are not recognized in the Wireless management section as FAT APs and as a result I cannot view SSIDs, connected clients etc.

For discovery, I configured SNMP v2c, and connection seems fine.

Does the problem has to do something with the MIBs loaded?

Any help appreciated

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You might like to try IMC 7.1 - it has just been released, and includes enhanced Cisco Wireless support.

gvala
Occasional Visitor

No luck, unforunately... I see no differences. And in release notes, there is nothing mentioned about Cisco.

Thanks for reply

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I've heard from a couple of other sources, including here: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/IMC/IMC-and-Cisco-Wless/m-p/6637028#M1546 that they've improved Cisco wireless support. Not sure why it's not in the release notes.

Unfortunately I don't have a mixed environment handy to test it.

However, I think the problem may be that IMC doesn't have hooks to add wireless management for fat Cisco APs. Looking at the docs, it seems to be based around controller-managed Cisco APs, not fat APs. So while you can monitor the APs as standalone devices, they are just regular SNMP network devices, and not fully WSM-integrated.