1751687 Members
5687 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC batch operation and configuration file deployment SSH issues with Telnet Server disabled

Wayward

IMC batch operation and configuration file deployment SSH issues with Telnet Server disabled

We have 71 procurve switches mostly HP/Aruba 5400zl series. They are setup for SSH connection and SNMPV3 SHA. For security purpose we would like to disable Telnet on the switches. However when we disable Telnet on the switches any batch or configuration center tasks fail with the error "failed to Telnet to the device" I can connect to the devices SSH via putty and if I go to BATCH OPERATION-CHECK ACCESS SETTINGS and test connections it passes SSH and SNMP and fails Telnet (as expected). I have gone to LOGON TYPE SETTING and set the Login Type to SSH on all of the switches but batches still fail with the "failed to Telnet to the device" error. If I enable Telnet on the switch the batch files work but everytime we disable Telnet batch files fail. Is there some setting somewhere else in IMC that needs to be changed to get it to stop trying to use Telnet.  

2 REPLIES 2
ibias1
Occasional Advisor

Re: IMC batch operation and configuration file deployment SSH issues with Telnet Server disabled

Did you use imc V7.3?

rmedeiros
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue. Did you manage to sove?