1753435 Members
4739 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IMC - changing of both IMC and remote DB server's IPs

kuda
Occasional Contributor

IMC - changing of both IMC and remote DB server's IPs

Hello, I would like to perform the tasks mentioned in subject. I have read through 10-15 HP documents but I can't find how to do that in our scenario as we have IMC running on M$ server and DBs on Debian7 server (MySQL). I could of course search in DB tables but I don't know whether changing IP in DB tables (and in frontend server config files) is enough. Any hints from more experienced IMC folk would be appreciated. Thank you Br Viktor

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC - changing of both IMC and remote DB server's IPs

I think that you should be able to do this using the backup/restore functionality.

Set up new IMC server + DB, run a backup from the old server, then restore onto the new server.

You will need to get a new license key generated too.

If I didn't care too much about the historical data, I might be inclined to just do a completely clean install though, and just re-add my devices. That would be cleaner.

kuda
Occasional Contributor

Re: IMC - changing of both IMC and remote DB server's IPs

Hello, ok, thank you for the feedback. HP refers to "dbman" one should use to get a valid backup of db's. I am not able to get "dbman for linux". The HP documentation is written by Windows guys and they suggest to copy & run dbman.exe from windows to linux server .. that's obviously impossible :-). So I hope that mysqldump is enough to get a backup of db server, even if HP strongly advises using only dbman.