New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC - current server standby serveru, failover systeme

SOLVED
Go to solution
MikaelBoyer
Occasional Advisor

IMC - current server standby serveru, failover systeme

Hello everyone

My IMC is on a VM (windows server). Recently i change the location of the VM since it was supported by a windows serveur 200R2.

I export the VM and import on a new server. I relaunch the machine and restart 'Intellignet Deployement Monitoring Agent". I was able to connect to the web interface and so move on.

But since yesterday (or it when i saw the error message) when i try to go on the web page, i have the following test on the login page :

"The current server is a standby server of a stateless failover system. An operator has only the viewer privilege ofter login and cannot add, delete, or modidy anything. Please restore data from active server".

I can log in the web interface, but, as said by the text, can only see my network.

I follow that tutorial : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00038008en_us

to restore the database in case of an error : i still have the same problem.

I shutdown my nex VM, and relauch the old one, i don't have the error.

Can anyone explain me where the error come from ?

And more specially, how to correct the situation ?

Thank in advance,

Mikael

2 REPLIES 2
jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

If your system reports "The current server is a standby server of a stateless failover system" on the login page, that means you must have applied the license file under "Activate" with the type "Backup" instead of "Primary". This ignores the SN in the license file (since the backup system in Active-Backup deployment is provided at no additional license cost), but turns the system into Read-only.

To resolve this, please apply your license key as Primary and restart iMC. If you get an error about invalid serial number, you need to transfer the license. You can do this yourself via the My Networking portal a few times, before you need to call support - but if you have any issues doing this yourself, please contact HPE Support for assistance.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
MikaelBoyer
Occasional Advisor

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I contact HPE this morning to obtain a new licence file.

Best Regards,

Mikael