1753659 Members
5564 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC fresh Install - not connecting to local DataBase !!

SOLVED
Go to solution
RfDjalma
Occasional Visitor

IMC fresh Install - not connecting to local DataBase !!

As many here in the forum I am having difficulties installing for the first time the IMC solution.

My envirorment: Vsphepere -  win 2012 server standard + IMC 7.3 standard + MSQL 2014 full version as trial(180days).

Just to make sure, other clients machine and the local machine( by management studio or osql -s 192.168.1.139 -U sa -P 123456) are able to connect to my sql server using the default instance and sa as user account. I even create another sysadmin account and still have the same result.

the MSKBsC gave me a '"check Pass" so is not the cipher problem.

I followed both documentations:

HPE Intelligent Management Center SQL Server 2014 Installation and Configuration Guide

HP IMC Centralized Deployment Guide with Local Database

Start checking installation environments...

By envheck results:
Checking ports occupied...
Passed

Checking physical memory size...
Passed

Checking database installation...
Passed

Checking database connectivity...
Not Passed

1 REPLY 1
network_king
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: IMC fresh Install - not connecting to local DataBase !!

Hi RfDjalma,

can you please try below workaround and post the results here.

Repairing the problem on the database server 1. Enter gpedit.msc in the CLI or search field to open the Local Group Policy Editor. 2. In the left pane of the editor, click Local Computer Policy, and then select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > SSL Configuration Settings. 3. In the right pane of the editor, double-click SSL Cipher Suite Order. 4. Click Enabled, then go to the Options > SSL Cipher Suites, please move the cursor to find and delete the following two cipher suites: • TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA • TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA NOTE: It's not recommended to copy the string from 'Options >> SSL Cipher Suites' and edit it in other editor, e.g. notepad, because when you copy back, the length of the string will be limited. 5. Click Apply, and then click OK. 6. Reboot the computer. Repairing the problem on the domain server If you need to repair the problem on the domain server, contact the administrator of the domain server to do the repairing. The repairing method is as follows: 1. Open the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management. Expand the domain where the IMC database server resides. In Group Policy Objects, find the group policy object to which the IMC database server belongs. Right-click Edit to open the Group Policy Management Editor. 2. In the left pane of the editor, select Computer Configuration > Policy > Administrative Templates > Network > SSL Configuration Settings. 3. In the right pane of the editor, double-click SSL Cipher Suite Order. 4. Click Enabled, then go to the Options > SSL Cipher Suites, please move the cursor to find and delete the following two cipher suites: • TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA • TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA NOTE: It's not recommended to copy the string from 'Options >> SSL Cipher Suites' and edit it in other editor, e.g. notepad, because when you copy back, the length of the string will be limited. 5. Click Apply, and then click OK. 6. Reboot to allow the changes to take effect.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo