7208 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC: how configure to backup only running config

Daddy72
Occasional Contributor

IMC: how configure to backup only running config

Hello,

I need to configure an adapter for ORing devices under IMC.

I have created the adapter and I can backup the configuration. However the type of devices only have running config, and IMC try to backup the running and the startup config. So when a do the backup, it failed due because IMC cannot backup the startup config, but the running config works fine. How can I tell IMC that this type of device only have running config and do only the config of it and bypass the startup config ?

Thanks,

David

4 REPLIES 4
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

In your *_Config_Backup_Builder.xml file, only declare a section for <action name="backup_running_config">

Take a look at some of the Nortel backup scripts - you'll see that they only have a section for backup_startup_config.

Daddy72
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I already removes all the action on the Config_Backup_Builder, only the command backup_running_config_tftp is inside.

I have also deleted all the tcl file about backup script. But each time a launch the backup of the configuration, I receive the message:  Adapter does not support on the startup config backup. The running config works fine

Thanks for your help

David

RPapaux
Valued Contributor

Hi,

An alternative is to copy your working scripts of the "running-config" section into the "startup_config" section.

You will get twice the same backup, but at least no errors, and all the flags in green.

This is the way used to backup HP MSM devices and it works fine.

Good luck

Ray

Daddy72
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I duplicate the script for startup config as you said and it works fine. It is not clean but solve the issue.

But it is strange as we did't declare the action, IMC try to do it

Regs