1752463 Members
5822 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC + monitoring VRF instances ("MCE")

internalnews
Frequent Advisor

IMC + monitoring VRF instances ("MCE")

Hello,

for monitoring different VRF instances, the following should work, if I┬┤m correct?

1. put in another NIC/add another vlan on the existing one

2. add routing within Windows for the VRF/MCE instances

3. add IPs within IMC

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

It depends. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Monitor some systems that contain VRFs? Or do something deeper within each VRF?
internalnews
Frequent Advisor

Well,

1. monitor devices that are exclusively conncected to the VRF subnets.

2. having a graphical map of each running VRF (Yes, it actually doesn┬┤t make much sense to monitor the same switch with a different IP)

, as we now transfer everything to IMC.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

1/ If you want to monitor devices in separate VRFs, then yes, you'll need to figure out a way to get IMC to be able to route to them. This could involve route leaking, or possibly something with hierarchical management. Depends on scale, and your addressing/routing. I'd probably be inclined to put the IMC server in a management subnet that is made available to all VRFs.

2/ Depends on network topology, but I would possibly just monitor each switch via the global table, and not trying to poll in each VRF.

IMC does have an "MPLS VPN Manager Module" that you might need for proper discovery of VRFs, etc. This is separately licensed. Haven't used it myself, so I don't know if it it covers what you need.