4000 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC new installation issues

pattap
Regular Advisor

IMC new installation issues

Hi All 

We are trying to install IMC 7.0 on a new server, windows 2012R2, Microsoft SQL 2012.

After installing IMC it turns out that there are several processes that are not running, if you compare it to a working instacnce of IMC 

imc.PNG

Also server is not listening on port 8080 so I'm not able to connect to imc via browser,

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this, any input would be appreciated 

12 REPLIES 12
parnassus
Honored Contributor

HP IMC 7.0 really? Shouldn't you try with latest HPE IMC 7.3? The 7.0 is pretty much old...have you then followed related installation guide? if yes, which one?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
pattap
Regular Advisor

We are going from 7.0 to 7.3 via upgrade path in order to preserve db

Regarding the issues I had, it's quite embarrassing as it was a patch file that we have installed so problem solved, at least this one 

3Naga
Advisor

1. Yes we suggest you to upgrade to the latest IMC IMC 7.3 E0702 or IMC IMC 7.3 E0605P06 as there are many Hot fix/Patches updated in the same.
  2. The IMC 7.0 is quite old and not recommended as it there have been patches updated later in the newer versions
  3. Please write for any further queries

Accept or Kudo
pattap
Regular Advisor

We have a massive data base in our current IMC7.0 so jumping straight to 7.3 would mean we'd have to re-discover the entire network.

Idea is to install 7.0 on a new server, restore DB from current IMC and start upgrade process, we managed to get to 7.2 no issues but getting to any patch within 7.2 or even directly to 7.3 seems to be a pain 

3Naga
Advisor

Hello Pattap,

Yes, I agree it could be tediuos while we follow the upgrade path while migrating and highly recommended to follow the upgrade path to 7.3

This is a One time task and it would feasible for to deployment and manage the network infrastructure effectively

Please do post for any further queries/issues here if you come across the upgrade we would be more than happy to assist you with

Accept or Kudo
THB1
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

i have an issue with upgrading from version iMC PLAT v7.3 (E0605) Standard to version iMC PLAT v7.3 (E0703) Standard.

After upgrading and starting iMC all processes are up and running, except the process "jserver" (state is stopped). I have tried to start it manually, without success. Result is, that the GUI is not working.

Enviroment is: Windows Server 2012 R2 within a VM and Microsoft SQL-Server 13.00.5081

For testing purposes, i have tried to install iMC E0703 from scratch on a WIN10 Client . It ends with the same result, that the process "jserver" is in state stopped.

Any idea to resolve this issue?

Best Regards,

Thomas

Guillaume_26
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Same problem, jserver process is stopped after upgrade to from E0605P06 to 0703
I have to set a default_time_zone in mysql config, otherwise installer cannot contact database.

Regards,

jguse
HPE Pro

Please check the solution I've posted here: https://community.hpe.com/t5/IMC/After-Update-from-7-3-E0605P04-to-7-3-E0703-IMC-Webpage-not/td-p/7048995#.XPjTOogzaUk

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
lbusby1973
Advisor

My install is english version and is SQL standard DB, tried your fix anyway no success. Jserver process not running aswell as 3 others... will have to restore VM as operation tasks need to be completed. Has anyone else had the same issue using MS SQL DB?