1753331 Members
5264 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC on Redhat not opening ports 8080 and 8443 after successfull installation

klaus_engelmann

IMC on Redhat not opening ports 8080 and 8443 after successfull installation

Hello:

I am running iMC 5.2 successfully in a RedHat 6.5 for a couple of months.

After a licence upgrade it was necessary to reboot the server. The thing is that iMC is not opening the tcp ports 8080 and 8443 again.

I check the following:

- no IPTABLES (v4 and v6) running.

- no SELINUX running.

I start the process using "service imcdmsd start" and the process is activated like this:

[06/02/2014 - 19:11:31]# ps gauwx | grep imc

root 1640 0.2 2.4 1825976 97540 ? Sl 17:34 0:12 /opt/iMC/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/java -server -Xrs -cp /opt/iMC/deploy/deploy.jar -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/iMC/deploy/truststore -Djavax.et.ssl.trustStorePassword=secret -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/iMC/tmp -Dfile.encoding=GB18030 com.h3c.imc.deploy.DeployMonitorServerLauncher start

But no port 8080 nor 8443 is open !

Where can I find more log files for this ?

I think that I have a problem with jserver but I cannot find him on RedHat.

I also think that TOMCAT is not being started by iMC but I am not sure.

I anyone have a suggestion please let me know.

5 REPLIES 5
Neelixx
Frequent Advisor

Re: IMC on Redhat not opening ports 8080 and 8443 after successfull installation

I've not used IMC on Redhat before.  I tried running it on CentOS, but had some problems, and HP Support wouldn't help me (they don't consider CentOS a RHEL system) for support.

Can you open the IMC Deployment Monitoring Agent?  If so, go to the processes tab and see if jserver is started?

-------
Aaron Paxson
@Neelixx
klaus_engelmann

Neelixx

Many thanks for your reply.

In that case I believe I need to start the X mode on the server.

Right now I was testing it with a SSH mode and I am running only at RunLevel 3

I will see it and post.

Regards,

Neelixx
Frequent Advisor

Ahh.  In that case, at runlevel 3, I'm pretty sure vncserver can still run.  I would set your vncserver properties to load gnome or KDE, and then start the VNCServer.  You can use VNC to remote in without running the server at RunLevel5.  At least, in theory, as long as Xwindows is installed.

You already checked the first two options I thought of (SELinux and iptables).  Good Luck!  Let us know.

-------
Aaron Paxson
@Neelixx
klaus_engelmann

Hello Neelixx.

How can I do it ? How can I use the IMC Deployment Monitoring Agent on RedHat ?

Is there a command for that ? An icon ?

I start the graphical mode but I didn't find anything.

Regards,

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Run /opt/iMC/deploy/dma.sh - that will pop up the Deployment Monitoring Agent.

You will need to have the imcdmsd service running first (this will normally be running)