4787 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMc v7 issues - alarm sounds and WSM - no WSM data

jacob600
Occasional Contributor

IMc v7 issues - alarm sounds and WSM - no WSM data

Hello,

I am having two issues that I need assitance with please. here are my versions first.

iMC PLAT 7.0 (E0102P05)

MSM 710 controller - Software version: 5.7.3.0-13117

1) How do you disable sounds for alarms? i clicked on the gear button on the bottom right and unchecked all sounds and then clicked SET but I still hear sounds.

2) WSM - I added my IMC box ip address to the Mobility  Manager setting on the MSM and it says "connected to :x:xx: on p ort 7668" but in IMC, on the device properties page, I don't have the tab called  "Wireless Services Information" next to Configuration Management. Therefore, I can't collect any wireless data. Any idea on how to resolve this?

NOTE:  The MSM controller is classified correctly in the Wireless category. and detects it as a MSM controller.

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

After setting the sound options, did you reload the page? See if that helps. Also, if you uncheck sounds, Set & Reload, does it then show the sounds as checked or unchecked?

For the WSM issue, have you installed the WSM module?  Do you have a menu option Service -> WLAN Manager?

(Sorry if that sounds like a silly question, but I don't know your environment, and it's best to check the basics are in place before we get too deep into it).

jacob600
Occasional Contributor

I set the sounds as uncheckd. I can reload the page as well. Makes no difference. Even with the sounds unchecked, they still go off.

The WSM module is installed and licensed.  It shows up under Service. There's just no data in  it. The only thing I did to get the WSM sending data is set the IMC address in the Mobiity Manager.

thanks,

jacob600
Occasional Contributor

Wireshark also confirms that there is a steady stream of data going back and forth between IMC and the MSM controller.  They are on the same subnet too.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

What do you mean by "there's just no data in it" ? Is it showing 0 ACs, 0 Fit APs, etc?

Remove the MSM from IMC.

Re-add it, using the SNMP community. Give it read-write access too. (This lets you do backups).

Make sure that IMC correctly identifies the device as an MSM. 

There are also some SOAP settings you can add for performance statistics. I can't directly link to the document, but search the HP Support Center for mmr_kc-0110717.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Oh and I meant to add - you might need to log a support case about the sounds. It's working for me, and you seem to have taken the right actions.
Jarret Workman
HPE Pro

Regarding the Alarm Sound Settings, this should be fixed in an upcoming release of IMC 7.0.  Currently, after making changes to the Alarm Sound Settings, restart the jserver.exe process in the DMA >> Process Tab.  Once you log back into IMC, the Alarm Sound Settings should take effect.

Accept or Kudo