4823 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Interface List by Port Group Widget crash

HPUser789
Occasional Contributor

Interface List by Port Group Widget crash

Hi:

I tried putting the 'Interface List by Port Group' widget on the homepage. it seemed to work for about 5 minutes, and then crashed. I've been unsuccessful getting it to work since. I've deleted/ restored the widget, tried it on a new home page space, rebooted the server....

The error message is:

Remediation Suggestion
1) Go back to Home to try again.
2) Collect logs and contact technical support for help. To obtain compressed logs, log in to the iMC server, execute file deploy\logfiles.bat (for Windows) or deploy/logfiles.sh (for Linux) in the installation path, and go to the tmp folder in the installation path.

Error Details

org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.el.ContextAwareELException: javax.el.ELException: Error reading 'dataTable' on type com.h3c.imc.res.widgets.view.InterfaceViewIfListWidgetsBean
at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.el.ContextAwareTagValueExpression.getValue(ContextAwareTagValueExpression.java:104)
at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl.createComponent(ApplicationImpl.java:487)
at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl.createComponent(ApplicationImpl.java:519)
at javax.faces.application.ApplicationWrapper.createComponent(ApplicationWrapper.java:145)
at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.createComponent(ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.java:443)
at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.apply(ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.java:242)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.apply(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:53)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:49)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.applyNextHandler(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:58)
at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.apply(ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.java:310)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.apply(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:53)
at javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:49)
at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(NamespaceHandler.java:57)

(This is only a partial listing. These java errors scroll on for quite some length.)

I'm running E0403P06. Has anyone else seen this?

2 REPLIES 2
HPUser789
Occasional Contributor

As it turns out, this problem is more serious than originally thought.

When I try to Modify a Display index, I get the same error. It would seem that some common component is corrupt.

I've tried to re-install the base IMC platform, but it won't let me, as all components are already installed.

Is there any way to do a repair on an IMC installation?

Thanks.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Based on the error, it looks like corrupted data might be the issue. Do you have a backup of the database prior to the widget exercise that you can try loading?

Many of the base components can be undeployed - which sometimes give you the option to delete the data. You could try that, but not sure which component would give you the results.

Otherwise its most likely uninstall imc, delete the dbs used by imc and start over.

I usually make both DB backups and/or take VM snapshots before any major surgery so I'll have a rollback point. Autobackup is a good feature to enable, along with deploying a backup standby IMC server to autorestore to.