4543 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LDAP auth fail after upgrade to E0703

jerodrig
Occasional Contributor

LDAP auth fail after upgrade to E0703

Hello,

After upgrade to E0703, LDAP auth doesn't work anymore.

I use LDAPS to connect to my server and in the IMC web interface, I can only configure the server IP address, not its FQDN (32 characters limitation... seriously...). It worked like this since the last update. Now, I have an error : Authentication server is not available. Please contact the administrator.

In the logs, it's more explicit :

2019-06-06 10:33:07 [ERROR] [http-nio-8443-exec-15] [com.imc.plat.operator.func.LdapUtils::testConnect] Failed to connect to LDAP Server javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: 172.29.XX.YY:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 172.29.XX.YY found]

It's a normal error, since the IP address is not present in the server certificate. Could you please remove this 32 characters limitation in the server address field ? My LDAP auth is now broken since the LDAP server of my organization doesn't support unencrypted LDAP.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: LDAP auth fail after upgrade to E0703

Hello,

Can you please open a support case for this? This sounds like a bug we need to raise with Engineering.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
ampersand

Re: LDAP auth fail after upgrade to E0703

I had a similar issue with this last upgrade. I have always had the IP address configured and not the FQDN. After the upgrade I received an error like the one posted. I was lucky in the fact that my FQDN was not 32 characters so I was able to switch to it and move forward. Something definitely changed and needs to be fixed.