Licence HPE-IMC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yann75
Occasional Contributor

Licence HPE-IMC

Hello,

I buy HPE IMC in 7.1 with 50 nodes.
Can I upgrade this version to 7.3 for free or should I buy a new version in 7.3?
Thank you
Yann

5 REPLIES 5
jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Licence HP-IMC

Hello,

You won't need to buy any new license if you have a valid one already. It should not matter whether it's 7.1 or 7.3, the licenses themselves are not version-specific in IMC. Even the old "Unlimited Add. Device License" and others like it, from the IMC 5.x days many years ago, can still be registered and used on the latest IMC 7.3 E0703 version.

Additionally, software upgrades for IMC are always free, all you need is a licensed installation.

You can download them here: https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/support/SupportLookUp.aspx

(search for JG747AAE for Standard, JG748AAE for Enterprise, and then use the Software Downloads link that appears)

Unless you've already installed 7.1 a long time ago and need to keep the data in IMC, I'd recommend installing the latest version of IMC directly instead. That would be 7.3 E0703 at the moment.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
Yann75
Occasional Contributor

Merci pour votre r├йponse et pour le conseil.

Google Translated

Thank you for your answer and for the advice. 

Yann

ahpawgol
Frequent Advisor

I'd like to double confirm if having a license is enough to be able to upgrade to the newest version of IMC?

Assuming that I bought IMC Ent SW Plat w/50-node E-LTU JH705AAE on August the 17th 2018 without any additional support contracts and in following years I did not buy support contracts for IMC - am I allowed to upgrade to the latest version that is available for download at https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG748AAE&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=

Cliking download button I have to accept License agreement that states among others:

HPE End User License Agreement тАУ Enterprise Version

6. License Grant. If you abide by this Agreement, HPE grants you a non-exclusive non-transferable license to use one copy of the version or release of the accompanying software for your internal purposes only, and is subject to any specific software licensing information that is in the software product or its Supporting Material.

Your use is subject to the following restrictions, unless specifically allowed in Supporting Material:
ф╕А You may not use software to provide services to third parties.
ф╕А You may not make copies and distribute, resell or sublicense software to third parties.
ф╕А You may not download and use patches, enhancements, bug fixes, or similar updates unless you have a license to the underlying software. However, such license doesn't automatically give you a right to receive such updates and HPE reserves the right to make such updates only available to customers with
support contracts.
ф╕А You may not copy software or make it available on a public or external distributed network.
ф╕А You may not allow access on an intranet unless it is restricted to authorized users.
ф╕А You may make one copy of the software for archival purposes or when it is an essential step in authorized use.
ф╕А You may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decrypt, decompile or make derivative works of software. If you have a mandatory right to do so under statute, you must inform HPE in writing about such modifications.

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes, you are allowed to upgrade. If iMC upgrades were restricted to customers with support contracts, then there would be a lock icon next to the software download button on that page, and it would require you to have an active support contract bound to the HPE Passport account that you would need to login with first.

That's not the case for iMC, and as of this time of writing, upgrades are free of charge to download, as they have always been. All you need is an active license on your iMC server - and please make sure you check the release notes and take a backup before any upgrades.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
ahpawgol
Frequent Advisor

Got it, thank you.