108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: License mismatch or compatibility Standard/Enterprise

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ratatosk
Advisor

License mismatch or compatibility Standard/Enterprise

We have an Enterprise evaluation install of IMC that we have purchased a Stanard license for (should've been Standard all along), the situation was not noticed untill we where about to install the license and IMC pointed it out but still allowed us to continue with license install.

After applying the Standard license, IMC now reports that the components we puchased a license for have a permanent license (the other components will not be used) and it still works ok. See attached screenshot.

My question is, is this expected behavior? Will this be supported? Or, how can we change this over to a true Standard install without losing at least the configuration made. Collected data does not matter but I am not too keen on the idea of doing the config all over again.

2 REPLIES 2
Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hello Ratatosk,

The behavior you've observed is expected. It was intended to make it easy to apply a production license to a trial version, regardless of whether you purchased a license for the platform version you downloaded. As you can tell, the product parts that were associated with IMC Enterprise have only been licensed for the period of the free trial, but the platform equivalent of IMC Standard has a permanent license. It is a supported configuration (assuming you purchased support).

Kind regards,
Lynn-Marie

HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ratatosk
Advisor

Thanks Lynn-Marie! If you have any channels to your support people., please make sure they know too because the answers I got from them were very sketchy, or even downright wrong.