1753893 Members
7758 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Link Status Major

Lurch

Link Status Major

Hi - I have a network link showing orange on my topology view, and the link status shows "major" as opposed to normal. However, I can't see any alarms for the link, and am struggling to see whay its not green...any ideas please?

Many thanks

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

Go to ALARM >ALARM BROWSE> ALL ALARM and filter device via Device IP/Selected Devices and check.

Lurch

Many thanks for the reply - there are no alarms for the switches either end of the link - how do you see any alarms for the link itself please?

Check Trap> browse trap and filter the interface

also check Filtering Trap and check if Trap Name/Description: Link State DOWN filtered or not.

Lurch

thanks again - nothing I can see is filtered out, and if i look for the 2 switches, there is nothing in there apart from an interface going down at stages over the last couple of months which have been acknowledged and recovered - is there any screen shots you wish to see?

bflu
Visitor

I had the same problem with several links. Last week I did a review of the switch configurations of the affected devices. This brought up to reasons for this behaviour in iMC:

- Different VLANs on connected switches: One switch was missing a VLAN which was configured on the other switch

- Disabled ports (admin down) which were configured as trunk ports instead of access ports

After cleaning up the configurations of all affected switches the links in the topology became green again.

Yuri_Paiva

I have the same behavor in a switch 3com 5500 EI and my Core HP10508, but the VLANs are ok, stp topology changes are ok also.

I┬┤m still looking for the cause.

Yuri_Paiva

I found that a switch in the stack was previously used as a template though the device was still in IMC in not managed status.
I have 6 devices with default settings of my company in IMC ready to be put into production in the case of a faulty device.

We have a backup running configuration and simply deploy in the Configuration Center >> Deploy Configuration to Device.
I deleted the devices standard and the production of the IMC and re-insert switches with Major errors in Links, worked this way.