5086 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: List of supported devices

LeandroGoes
Advisor

List of supported devices

Hello everyone!

I want to know if there is a list with the supported devices by the HP IMC?

Thanks!

Leandro Góes

20 REPLIES 20
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

There is an internal list that is maintained that shows the support status for various devices. Note that some devices are fully supported (including VLAN & ACL management), while others have partial support.

So far, HP does not want to publish the list. However, you can log a support case and ask them about a specific list of devices, and they will tell you the support status for those devices.

Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

The last slide I saw said over 6200 devices supported now! Without the HP internal list though, you can install the 60-day eval version of IMC and check for the specific device in the list (see below).

IMC device model.jpg

Example output (you can then search for what you want)

IMC Device model list.jpg

Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Sure, that is a list of OIDs which would be recognized by IMC, but recognizing a vendor or model is not the same as supporting management of the device.

HP has different support levels for devices, indicating support for backup/restore config, firmware updates, config templates, acl manager, vlan manager, live device panel views etc.

So it would still be nice to know which devices are supported at which level by IMC and just get a full list of HP...

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Peter's right - just because the OID is listed, doesn't mean that it will support config mgmt, etc.

The best thing to do is probably to install it somewhere, and try it out. You can also look in server\conf\adapters\ICC\, to get a feel for the supported systems, but it's a bit more challenging to look through the scripts.

mc1903-1
Advisor

I have also been looking for a list of supported devices (HP & 3rd Party) and I find it very interesting that you say HP are unwilling to publish it..!

They published a full list for PCM+, so I wonder what embarrassing little fact they are hiding..? Perhaps IMC has better support for Cisco devices over HP devices..!

Come on HP show us what IMC can support..! After all you must be desperate to sell some licenses as you have distribution partners stuffing it onto every HP Network equipment quote they churn out...

MC

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I would expect to see it published this year. Part of the challenge is in being careful as to exactly what they state they will support - if they publicly state it, they have to take support calls on it.

I would not expect it to have better Cisco support over HP, as it was developed to support Comware-based systems originally. Generally Comware/Procurve devices are well supported, along with Cisco IOS-based systems.
mc1903-1
Advisor

@northlandboy wrote:
I would expect to see it published this year. Part of the challenge is in being careful as to exactly what they state they will support - if they publicly state it, they have to take support calls on it.

I would not expect it to have better Cisco support over HP, as it was developed to support Comware-based systems originally. Generally Comware/Procurve devices are well supported, along with Cisco IOS-based systems.

Thank you for the feedback... I do hope they get their act together and publish it soon...

My 'better Cisco support' comment was a little tongue-in-cheek, but IMHO HP are still 'playing catch-up' to the more established vendors - primarily Cisco/Juniper...

If they (HP) want to be taken seriously they need to be more open and provide full and frank technical details on all of their products...

I am involved with specifying systems for clients most every day and if I am not confident that product X will support product Y, I will use another product that I can confirm does... Simple matter on not putting my head on the block...

Cheers,

MC

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

At least they make it easy to download a trial to see if it works, but yeah, if you're making recommendations on systems, you don't always have the time to do a full trial. You really need that info published.

HP Software (for all their faults) is actually pretty good at publishing a list of supported devices for NNMi and Network Automation.
HarrySpeakup
Occasional Contributor

Did anyone find a published list of supported HP & Non-HP devices, for IMC v7.x?