108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Loss of config templates since upgrading to 7.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
JasonL1
Frequent Advisor

I got the update last night that, L3 found the issue within IMC (at least for my issue of the Java errors) and they are working on it. I have no gotten any word on when the fix will be released or if it will come out as a hotfix or a new patch level.

Hopefully we will see something soon. We require the upgrade urgently and it has been some weeks now.

JasonL1
Frequent Advisor

Well, the fix is still being worked on by the software people over there in IMC Village. My latest update says they still do not have a ETA on a fix and do not know if it will be a hot fix, patch or a new release level.

i was supplied E0403L02 code and told this would fix it but the catch was i had to apply E0403 first and then E0403L02 code. Once again this didn't work and 4 weeks later we are still waiting  :-(

Cetta

Thanks for the update I just took IMC up from V5.0 >> V5.1 >> V5.2 >> V7.0 >> V7.1>> V7.2 and now we are sitting what sounds like the same boat you are. Still no resolution?

No, still no update. The templates are still on the server but the service/configuration center/ configuration templates don't work.

JasonL1
Frequent Advisor

@philip Goodridge wrote:

i was supplied E0403L02 code and told this would fix it but the catch was i had to apply E0403 first and then E0403L02 code. Once again this didn't work and 4 weeks later we are still waiting  :-(

Intersting, either I'm at that level already (yes, im going to be lazy here) or it was never mentioned to me.. Either way, I asked if they had an ETA yet and was told they ahve not talked about an ETA or how the fix will be released.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Mine disappeared when I went to 7.1 (E0303P16). As you said they are still there on the server. I looked both through the config files and the DB tables but did not find how these are referenced. It is storing the information about each file, most likely in the db.

I tried deleting and re-creating the folder then recopying the files but no luck.

However you can still add new files/folders, and/or import the existing ones from their current locations - one by one of course. So if you are desparate enough you can restore the functionality.

Granted, but i have 10 x IMC standard edition IMC servers and I Enterprise version. The standard edition ones have multiple users folders and several templates in each which would make it very time consuming.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Yes- agreed painful.

Still curious so I did some more poking around. Not good news. I found where the info is stored in the DB, and its clear that its gone and not coming back.

I was successul in creating a record in the two tables and having it reflected in the UI, so if you are good with SQL you could take that approach. Or if you have a backup prior to the update, you could selectively restore those tables. (Working with copies for safety of course)

The two tables are in icc_dbtbl_cfgbak_cfgfile_lib contains the listing of the cfg file names, path etc and tbl_opergroup_cfgfile which has the access rights for the admin groups using the cfgfile_id the key. W/o the access entires it won't show in the UI.

The updates to IMC probably keep this from happening to someone who still has good data, but it probably does not recover it based on prior comments.

For HP to fix it for customers who have already upgraded they would have to write a script that scanned the directories and updated the tables. So you can use your own estimates on how long that may take. 

EDIT: Some of the entries still do exist - if they are not displayed then they are only missing entry(s) in tbl_opergroup_cfgfile. I may have deleted some of the entries when I tried deleting and re-adding one of the folders. If you have not done that then adding a single access entry record for each of the cfgfile_ids to the tbl_opergroup_cfgfile would probably be a pretty easy sql query to write