New Discussion

Re: MIB Management in IMC 5.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
revima
Occasional Advisor

MIB Management in IMC 5.2

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my product. I haven't the MIB Management Module.

information:

Intelligent Management Platform (JG546A)

iMC PLAT 5.2 (E0401)

Thanks  for your help.

L.R.

15 REPLIES 15
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

What makes you think that you are missing a component? What are you trying to do?
revima
Occasional Advisor

I think that I am missing a component because of the manual. When you are in the section "resource management",  I haven't "MIB management" as choice. So I cannot match the device and its MIBs.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Are you logged in as admin? Is this a stand-by server?

Can you send us a screenshot showing a similar display to this one?

Also, what do you want to do with the MIB Management tool? 

revima
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I am logged in as admin and it isn't a stand-by server.

I want to monitor devices like the BladeCenter H or Cisco equipments who aren't automatically recognized by IMC.

My screenshot:

Capture IMC.PNG

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I think I might have seen something similar once before, but it went away after an IMC restart. There's a few other options missing from there too.

HP Blade Chassis should already work in IMC. Same with Cisco kit. You don't really need to load MIBs, unless you want to load some trap definitions, or to make it a little easier when working with a MIB browser.

Loading MIBs won't change what IMC detects systems as, or give you backup scripts, or add any performance monitors to the defaults. 

revima
Occasional Advisor

OK,  but I want to add MIBs and have access to it because I didn't have alarm from the BladeCenter... After configuring the SNMPv3 protocole, I see in the Mangement interace of the BladeCenter the logs.

I didn't have MIB browser too...

Thanks

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

If you're seeing errors on the Blade Center, then MIBs aren't going to help. What are those logs you are seeing?

If you want to add new traps, go to Service -> Trap Management -> Trap Definition -> Import trap definition from MIB file.
revima
Occasional Advisor

No errors, it's just an authentification mode (SNMPv3) so it display the authentification of the server in the Blade.

For the trap definition, I have already done it. But if you just add traps without associating it to the equipment, Is there a problem of recognition?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

When a trap gets received, IMC will look at the OID, and decide how to decode it, and whether to display it or not. It will use the source IP to associate it with a device.