108722 Solutions
New Discussion

MIB Management in IMC 5.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
revima
Occasional Advisor

Re: MIB Management in IMC 5.2

Yes, but the MIB management tool allows us to check that?

just to show you a part of my problem:

Capture blade.PNG

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor
Solution

No, the MIB Management part won't be able to help with any of that. It won't help with checking it. It is used for browsing MIBs on a device - that won't help you with traps.

Ignore that message under "Trap Destination" - that is for viewing the trap destination set on the device itself. If you've manually set the trap destination on the IBM Blade Center, you can ignore this. Uploading MIBS will make no difference whatsoever to this.
revima
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help and your time,

L.R.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

No worries - hope you can get what you need out of IMC.

If you're feeling keen, you could write a backup adapter for the IBM Blade Center.

The quicker thing you could do is go to "Device Model" and add a mapping for that sysOID, so it doesn't display "IBM Unknown Product" for that system.
w530

I have the same issue in my newly installed HP IMC SW platform 5.2 basic trial version too. There is no MIB management under System/Resource Management. The IMC is installed on VM Winows 2008 R2 server with IE11. I have tried to open IMC on google chrome on Win8.1 PC, but no help.
The reason for MIB management is I have Axis IP cameras and need to get SNMP traps from cameras to IMC. However no Axis traps defined in IMC. I tried to import trap drfinition from Axis MIB through Trap management/Trap definition but failed. I also have some Juniper and ComNet Switches to be monitored in IMC. Believe both MIBs have to be inported into IMC via MIB management.

Any advice will be very apprecaited.

Kevin

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

If it's a new install, why did you use 5.2? You should use 7.0 E0202 - the interface is much improved.

For trap decoding, you have to do it via Trap managment -> Trap definition. What happened when you tried doing that? What 'failed' ?

As I've said earlier, you don't HAVE to import MIBs to manage devices. Importing MIBS by themselves doesn't do anything special. It's helpful if you're trying to add some custom OID monitoring, but it's not a requirement.

Of course, that doesn't explain why you're not seeing the MIB management window - I'm not sure what's going on there. But get to 7.0 first, and look again.