3793 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MIB / Trap definition help??

Mbaadk
Occasional Advisor

MIB / Trap definition help??

Hi...

As a test I'm trying to filter a SNMP trap with OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.85.6.2 - but when i browse the MIB tree it ends at .85..1 -> HP 2910al-48G-PoE+ Switch

The specific trap is "Port x blocked by AAA". If I click on the trap, and selcet filter the trap name correspondence with .85. To me it seems that iMC i missing the trap definition.

Okay, so I've looked into HP MIBs and the specific OID is located in hpicfOID.MIB. Trying to load and compile it, but if don't select "Using the system MIB lib..", it returns a error, see attached image. If i use the system library it seems to upload and compile hpicfOID.MIB, but it doesn't show the MIB on the compiled MIBs list, and the trap definition is stille missing?

What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I'm just looking at an IMC 7.2 system, and this includes this trap definition by default. 

Rather than browsing the MIB tree, you should be looking at Alarm -> Trap Management -> Trap Definition.

Be careful with filtering this trap. It looks like a generic trap, with the parameters used for the specific message. If you block the trap (with no further filtering), you may find you match other events you do want.

The other way of doing this is to find the trap at Trap Management -> Browse Traps. Find the one you want, click on the Description, then click "Filter the Trap." This is probably the easiest way to find the right trap.

Mbaadk
Occasional Advisor

If I browse the MIB tree, there is no definiton for the enterprise specific 6.2 below the HP Switch.

I've managed to filter the trap by setting the parameters for the filter on each switch - Is there any clever way to set the filter parameter for many switches at once. Currently I have to type (copy/paste) the parameter for each switch. Doesn't scale well if I had 500 switches?