1748017 Members
3696 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Management Server service gone after 7.3 E0705 Update

welleritsupport

Management Server service gone after 7.3 E0705 Update

After performing an update to 7.3 E0705 (from E0703) the Intelligent Management Server service appears to have been deleted.  This of course pervents the Deployment Agent to start. The Service is still listed, but shows that it was unable to read decription. Event log shows that the component is not installed or is corrputed (File is there).

I have failed back to snapshot and tried every way I can think of, with the same result. Update shows to complete successfully, but every time the service is gone. 

Looking for any insight to help get this resolved. 

1 REPLY 1
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: Management Server service gone after 7.3 E0705 Update

Hello,

I haven't heard of such an issue before, but you could try to re-install the service after upgrading to E0705 again and see if that fixes it. You can do this with the same kind of method used on a secondary server when deploying iMC in HA mode, as follows.

1) Open Administrator CMD and navigate to <iMC>\deploy folder.

2) Run svcinst.bat -uninstall (this should uninstall the 'Intelligent Management Server' service). Alternatively there is also an uninstallService.bat file in <iMC>\client\bin folder that does the same thing. If all else fails, there is also the Windows option to run sc delete "Intelligent Management Server" that should work.

3) Run svcinst.bat -install with the correct parameters for your iMC installation. You can see the options available by running svcinst.bat without any parameters. I am providing a sample below, the values need to be adjusted according to your installation:

svcinst.bat -install -instdir "E:\Program Files\iMC" -datadir "E:\Program Files\imcdata" -servertype master -language en -country US -dbtype SQLServer -dbadminusername sa -dbadminpasswd iMC-Install2008 -dbaddress 127.0.0.1 -dbport 1433

Note you also need to add -dbinstance <instancename> if you are running a non-default DB instance for iMC.

4) Make sure the 'Intelligent Management Server' service is started and set to Automatic startup type, then check if you can open the HP Deployment Monitoring Agent.

Hope that helps you get it working again.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo