1752633 Members
5684 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NTA - Sflow only show inbound traffic

Svenskjen
Occasional Contributor

NTA - Sflow only show inbound traffic

I am trying to understand sflow configuration and traffic analysis tasks. I have configured a 2920 switch to send sflow data to my IMC. TI created a device in IMC that includes all interfaces on the switch. I assume that the device/switch will send all interface data to imc and that I will have the possibility to create analysis tasks of individual interfaces. 

I have tried manual sflow config through CLI and snmp-based config through IMC. Both ways, I only see inbound traffic. 

I am probably missing something fundamental but simple.

6 REPLIES 6
luki00
Occasional Visitor

same problem here...
NTA works fine with the 5406,3500 and 2610 switches i configured. but only displays inbound traffic on the 2920s.

the 2920 switches are running with the latest firmware. also the netstream features are disabled in NTA .

i tested sflow on the 2920 switches with sFlowTrend from inmon and it works fine. also wireshark sees all the packets.

so im guessing there is a problem in the NTA module?! i would be thankful for every idea!

kind regards,

luki

Moewa
Occasional Advisor

We have still the same Problem with this Switch-Series (2920 and 2920-Stacks).

We opened a call at the hp support to find the reason and also a solution. We are also sure, the it must be a fault of the NTA-Module.

luki00
Occasional Visitor

just upgraded to NTA E0201P02 and still no outgoing traffic....

LarryH-HPES
Occasional Visitor

Same Issue here.  I have about 20 sites, 12 running 5406 Procurve switches on core, and 8 running Cisco 3750's.  IN/OUT traffic is working on only 6 sites (only 2 of these are running the 5406 core), and all other sites are only showing Inbound traffic.  Running NTA 7.0 (E0101P01).   IMC will not allow me to upgrade from E0101P01 to E0201P02 for some reason.  Was hoping the upgrade might fix this issue, however another user point out this did not correct this issue. 

Has anyone tried upgrading the switch firmware?  That's my next step, as most of these 5406's aren't at the latest firmware level.

Larry H

Technical Consultant

HP Enterprise Services

SterlingSIHI
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

i have experienced the same issue
Several other NTA's are working fine, only the 2920 doesonly display inbound trafic
any help or support in this matter wold be very welcome

Moewa
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys,

for your information: This error is fixed in V7.x of IMC/NTA and the latest firmware of the devices (we use WB.15.15.0008).

To get data from the existing nta-tasks you may need to add a new one. After this task starts collecting data, you'll get also data on your existing tasks.

Regards

Daniel