108788 Solutions
New Discussion

New to IMC (in general) 7

SOLVED
Go to solution
n3tm1n
Valued Contributor

New to IMC (in general) 7

I have installed IMC v7 and was able to add the Procurve switches in my environment to the application. However, when I try to select the individual devices to see the port information, there's nothing to display.

I have all of my switches using SSH/https (management) only and SNMPv3  which is how I told IMC to communicate with.

I am trying to create a custom filter to remove "interface down alerts" on the edge switches.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bob

5 REPLIES 5
n3tm1n
Valued Contributor

Re: New to IMC (in general) 7

I have been a PCM + for a few years, but this is a different beast.
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of where there's "nothing to display" ?

It's not clear where you're seeing that, and it depends where it is as to what the next steps are.

n3tm1n
Valued Contributor

Attached are the screenshots of IMC. I was using the information contained in the following thread Loss of link filter. Granted it's based on an earlier verison of IMC, but thought that the principle still applied.

Also, I noticed another seciton under System->System Configuration-> System Settings , Interface Up/Down Alarm, is this the same thing that I am trying to acheive if I select "Filter" for Alarms for disconnected links?

IMC v. 7 (E0102) Standard

Bob

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor
Solution

Looking at that list, it shows all your device models as "ICMP"  - this means that SNMP is not working properly. Did you go and manually classify them as switches?

If SNMP is working, IMC will automatically pick up the correct device type - e.g. Cisco 3560, and it will be able to interrogate the switch to see all its ports.

Figure out why SNMP is not working - most likely it's one of incorrect credentials set within IMC, or access lists, or firewalls stopping SNMP traffic. If you're using SNMPv3, it's also possible that you've got mismatched encryption settings (what's configured in IMC vs what's configured on the switch).

n3tm1n
Valued Contributor

Thank you Lindsay,

Yes, it was on SNMPv3 Mismatch. Once corrected, it started working properly.

Thanks again,

Bob