Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of licenses required for IMC

dchiang
Occasional Advisor

Number of licenses required for IMC

Hi There,

I'm just starting to look into setting up IMC at work here, and I've gotten management intrested in getting a purchanse together, however before I get to run the trial I need to know how many licesenses I would need to get setup. I'm not sure if it counts per network node or if it would count based on the number of nodes that I am intrested in managing. All I really want it to do for now is to monitor and manage all of our network switches. I know IMC does more than that however I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Is there a license guide out there that someone could point me towards?

3 REPLIES
NeilR
Respected Contributor

Re: Number of licenses required for IMC

Probably is a guide out there somehwere. But a quick search didn't turn it up.

But you can figure every module will license by something. Modules can be purchased with a qty of licenses, and packs can be purchased later as well. The license info may be covered somewhat in the module doc.

Platform: managed nodes. If you add a device to manage then it counts against the quantitiy

NTA - network traffic analyzer: Probes - qty of probes is licensed. A probe can be on a switch, a vm, or a standlaone linux machine

WSM - WIreless Service manager - qty of Access points is licensed

UAM - User access manager - qty of User accounts is licensed.

Some modules may not have a qty based license. 

dchiang
Occasional Advisor

I'm just trying to figure out how to license the base products, I haven't even gotten to the section on modules yet. How do I get the licenses to do that? I'm presuming that the information provided in the data sheet is the base product.

As for the modules, is there a page or a document somewhere that would provide info on the various modules?

NeilR
Respected Contributor

The base product is licensed by the number of nodes you intend to manage. 

There are several SKUs that come with 50, 100 or 200 nodes. After that you buy add on node packs of 50 or 100.

So if you have 30 switches, buy the 50 node option. When you run out, you can't add another managed node until you delete one or buy more.

You will need to buy this through a VAR anyway - they can fill you in further and give you a cost estimate.

The other modules are listed on the HPE network management software web pages.

EDIT: You can also find module descriptions in the HPE Intelligent Management Center Base Platform Administrator Guide

There was a SKU for upgrading from ProCurve Manager + that can save you some money if you already owned PCM