108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Old deployment files?

SOLVED
Go to solution
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Old deployment files?

IMC \Program Files\iMC\deploy\components\ has collected a lot of deployment files over the past 5 years.

I assume these are no longer needed? 20-30 GB of space

3 REPLIES 3
jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Old deployment files?

Hi Neil,

You're right, the old files from previous versions can be deleted there. Just make sure you keep the version that is your 'current base version' (so if you run E0705P10, E0705 would be your base version) and the patches that followed it, in case you need to deploy any further modules or re-deploy some components.

The folders use a different "InnerVersion" naming convention that can be a bit confusing. Check the iMC\deploy\log\deploylog.txt file to determine what each version each inner version corresponds to. You'll see entries with each deployment that was done and version details like this:

Version: iMC PLAT 7.3 (E0705)
InnerVersion: V700R001B06D027

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Justin! Figured the current version needed to be kept, but the naming wasn't obivious. That log is the key I needed

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

I did delete the older files, rebooted and all seems good. Had a bit of a scare. Opened the deployment monitor and checked under deploy - list was blank, but eventually did populate after some time.