Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling interval decrement and hardware resourse monitoring issue

GiuPr
Occasional Contributor

Polling interval decrement and hardware resourse monitoring issue

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a single polling interval for the device or is it possible to set different polling interval for some switch interfaces.

In my opinion the 5 minutes of Configuration Poll Interval are too high to monitor interface status. Is it possible to decrement this interval without enabling trap on the monitored devices?

I have some problem to monitor hardware fault (power fault and so on) without enabling trap. If I try to monitor Hardware defect in IMC the system is not able to add the monitor for my HP 10512, 5500 ... switch devices. Must I necessarily enable the trap to monitor power failure on the HP 10512, 5500 switch devices?

1 REPLY
Jarret Workman
Frequent Advisor

Re: Polling interval decrement and hardware resourse monitoring issue

Hello GuiPR,

I have attached a Word document on how to modify the Configuration Poll Interval for a specific device from the Device Details screen of IMC.

Regarding the Traps for Hardware Fault, I have attached a document "IMC Browse Traps" that shows how IMC can be checked to see if the trap is being received from the device.  If the device is sending the trap, then IMC would need to have the SNMP MIBs loaded and compiled if it is classifying the trap as "Unknown".  There is also an option to have the SNMP Trap "Escalated to an Alarm".

Regards,

Jarret