Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to display overview of how many switches of model x runs software y

layer2
Occasional Visitor

Possible to display overview of how many switches of model x runs software y

Hello IMC-Community,

we have a bunch (>1000) of Procurve switches (different models) managed via IMC. Do you know if it is possible to generate a view of how many switches of model x runs software y. I want to have a quick look which versions are live in the wild on how many switches... HP IMC is at 7.2E403P06.

Regards

layer2

2 REPLIES
NeilR
Respected Contributor

Re: Possible to display overview of how many switches of model x runs software y

I don't see anyhting that will dynamically create or populate views based on sw version. You can use the Device Asset report to get name model ip and firmware. Export to excel and then pivot it or sort it as you might want

Pack3tL0ss
Valued Contributor

Re: Possible to display overview of how many switches of model x runs software y

Go to Service-->Configuration Center-->Configuration Center  Then in the upper right query window (The one within the configuration center screen just above the Last Backup Time and Operation Columns ... it displays the help-text "Device Name")  Expand the query to expose the advance query (this is done by clicking the icon that looks like 2 down arrows to the right of the query window).

From there you can run a query by software version (current version) and/or model.  Just make sure you use the syntax for the software version as displayed in that table.  i.e. KA.16.01.0006 is KA_16_01_0006 ... Then hit query, and it should give you exactly what you're after.

PL