1752694 Members
5520 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Possible to see all ports for a specific VLAN?

MarcusA

Possible to see all ports for a specific VLAN?

Hi, 

we have about 27 switches and we want to have an overview, which ports of which switches are in VLAN x, VLAN y etc.

Is it possible to get this view in iMC?

Thank you very much for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
ArjenG
Occasional Visitor

I would like to know that too. About +450 switches and I would like to create a list like:

Vlan X

--------

SwitchA  B1

SwitchA G4

SwitchF  A1

SwitchZ C3,C8,C12

Pack3tL0ss
Valued Contributor

The best I can tell currently you can get partially there, but you've probably already done this.

That is in VLAN Management-->Global VLAN-->click on the VLAN ID-->Member operation... that gives you the list of all devices that have ports belonging to that VLAN.

Then hit the "allowed port list", and that will show you the ports that are members of that VLAN for that device (and show the PVID/tagged status, etc)

There is also a function in the topo that is related.  At the top click the button for VLAN view (3 in from the right)  and click the vlan you are intersted in - in the panel that pops up to the right.  The map will change to gray for all devices and links that do not belong to that vlan, leaving only the links and devices that have member-ports colored.

It should be possible to create a report that shows all interfaces that belong to a particular vlan network wide, but it would require a custom report template (built in IAR the optional custom report building tool/add-on). 

Hope it helps,

PL