1748181 Members
3873 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem with an Interface State DOWN found during iMC device poll.

tartempion
Occasional Contributor

Problem with an Interface State DOWN found during iMC device poll.

Hello,

I have several alerts on my IMC :

Interface xxxx State DOWN found during iMC device poll.

These interfaces are on H3C switches and administratively down (but up when I have added the device to IMC).

I recover and acknowledge those alerts but after some time, they appear again.

How could I definitively remove these alerts ?

Thank you for your help...

Edit : my IMC version is iMC PLAT 5.1 SP1 (E0202P05)...

7 REPLIES 7
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You probably want to change your filtering settings for link up/down alarms. You can do this on a per-interface or per-device basis, or you can do it globally, for certain sorts of connections (Server-connected, SNMP-device connected, PC-connected).

Go System -> System Configuration -> System Settings. Find the "Interface Up/Down Alarm" section.  Set the Filter as appropriate - you probably want to set all of them to "Filter". 

You might also like to upgrade to IMC 5.2. It's a straight upgrade from 5.1 SP1, and tidies up a few little things. Gives you a few new supported devices too.

tartempion
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have updated to 5.2 but the problem remains.

I have set the option "filter" in the system settings. It resolves the problem but (there is always a "but") interfaces up/down traps are not "detected" and i have to detect them.

Have you got other ideas ?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I'm a bit confused. What behaviour are you looking for here?

I'm confused as to whether you are looking to filter the alarms or not. If you filter them, you don't get interface up/down alarms. Do you not want to filter them?

chris_acp
Occasional Contributor

Hi tartempion,

here is what i did:

Globally Filter all UP/DOWN Alerts

create a Port Group with all Switch Uplinks

create a Port Group with all Server Links

Batch Operation - Interface Up/Down Alarm Filter - then add the Port Groups with the Uplinks and set them to no Filter

for every new Uplink you have to add the Port to the Port Group and do the Batch Operation again

larrymac
Frequent Advisor

Hi tartemion

Did you resolve this issue?  I need to do the same myself.  I want to disable an interface and remove from any IMC polling. 

I am using V5.2 and see an option in System Settings to Filter "Alarms for disconnected links".  

Thanks

MCWoodley
Occasional Visitor

Not 100% sure this will answer your questions but I found the best approach was not to filter globally but select the only switch ports you don't want to get an alarm on and add those to a filter trap.

Here is a youtube video that explains how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2n9YYwx8iw 

Ulrich Saur
Advisor

Hi,

I face the same problem at a customer site, but I do not think a filter of the alarms should be the solution!

The cause of this events/alarms is (in my opinion) that the ports have the interface link type "SNMP Device-connected Interface" if you look at the interface list of the affected switches.

If there is a possibility to change this interface link type then the events should disappear. The only possibility I found until now is to delete the affected switches and rediscover it. But this is a workaround not a solution!

Regards,
Uli