9724 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems after upgrade from E0506 to E0506P03

hwuensch
Occasional Visitor

Problems after upgrade from E0506 to E0506P03

Hi,

After upgrading to version E0506P03 some features of the web-interface are broken:

- in "classic" view-mode, after clicking on the "Ressource" tab, the left-sided menu structure is incomplete andcontent is not displayed correctly (empty spaces), see picture 1.

- displaying the "IP View" Ressource triggers an error (s. picture 2). This happens both on classic-mode and desktop-mode.

- oh, and one hint: Do _not_ upgrade to P03 if you have a mysql 5.5 backend: The imcnetresdm process will execute a very complex SQL-Statement on the config_db database after starting up which will take forever on mysql 5.5 (and will prevent the startup of imcnetresdm). After Upgrading to mysql 5.6 this query will be executed in <1sek so everything is fine..

best regards,

hwuensch

8 REPLIES 8
streeb
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problems after upgrade from E0506 to E0506P03

hwuensch, 

We just upgraded our production instance this week as well and I do not see either of these issues. I am sure you have already but I would open up a support ticket on this one. One thing I do see is that if you do a general search for a device, the result in the dynamic side bar is no longer clickable. This seems to be cross browser issue- I am not sure if the iMC team look at this forum but hopefully they do and can take a look. 

Regards

Mike

hwuensch
Occasional Visitor

indeed,  the "general search" is also failing (it works only one time for me, after that you have to logout/login from the webinterface).

--> we will open a ticket on this issue.

Is anybody else experiencing these frontend errors on E0506P03? We never had such problems bevore, and this time it

was only a minor patch-level update :-(

Regards,

hwuensch

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

@hwuensch wrote:

- oh, and one hint: Do _not_ upgrade to P03 if you have a mysql 5.5 backend: The imcnetresdm process will execute a very complex SQL-Statement on the config_db database after starting up which will take forever on mysql 5.5 (and will prevent the startup of imcnetresdm). After Upgrading to mysql 5.6 this query will be executed in <1sek so everything is fine..

Sounds like that's my problem - i'm running MySql 55 and after the update it never finished starting 3 processes - I gave up after waiting 2 hrs and rolled it back - thx

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

What was your process for MySql update? on Win or linux?

If I update over the existing ImC install, dbman won't backup or restore and the update process also fails. It runs ok, but otherwise stuck.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Well the update leaves a query hanging trying to update: Error Code: 1146. Table 'aclm_db.tbl_link' doesn't exist

The query sits there waiting so a couple of processes never start. Killing the query will allow the process to start but a reboot brings it back, and it won't restore the DB anyway.

No P03 until I talk to HP...

GLTUKW

I have the same problem after update to 7.3_E0506P03, no ip views .

I use Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2

hwuensch
Occasional Visitor

After opening a ticket for this issue:

In our case there was the problem of invalid network masks in 'tbl_subnet' and 'tbl_dev table' (both in databse config_db).

For example, our database contained network mask values of 0.0.80.242 (which is not a valid netmask of course).

You can check that by executing a sql query on the config_db database like this one:

select * from tbl_dev where dev_ip_mask like '0.%';

If this query lists any devices, then you should delete these devices and rediscover them.

(You could also manipulate the wrong entries direct via sql, but beware of side-effects)

Also check tbl_subnet for wrong entries:

select * from tbl_subnet where subnet_mask like '0.%';

there is a change that these or another bad entries will eventually reappear after deleting them: This issue  seems to be related with uncomplete/corrupted SNMP-queries to these devices...

Hope this will help you...

Regards,

Helmut

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

I did have a couple of devices with 0.0.0.0 subnet masks. And I can confirm that one of them was caused by snmp. After just basic discovery mask was correct. Then set snmp read only, it re-discovered the device but set the mask to 0.0.0.0

No subnets with bad masks

Fixing these did not solve my issue - have a query with a comlex join that runs forever to update a table with under 2000 rows. Stopped all the processes and ran the query directly - but killed it after 15 mins. Some other bad data...