New Discussion юеВ

Problems integrate Procurve switches in IMC 5,0 Sp1 L05: still unknown traps

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.P. Olsthoorn
Occasional Advisor

Problems integrate Procurve switches in IMC 5,0 Sp1 L05: still unknown traps

Hi All,

In this situation we have H3C and procurve switches in one network. We see traps which are unknown to the IMC system. We tried to import Mibs and the corresponding trap registration, but this procedure did not succeed.

Q:

1 Can someone help me with the procedure to import mibs and the trap definitions?

2 Does Imc 5.0 have the Hp networking brands (H3c, procurve, 3com) already embedded and activated during installation?

kind regards

Ad Olsthoorn

2 REPLIES 2
IanV
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Problems integrate Procurve switches in IMC 5,0 Sp1 L05: still unknown traps

Hello,
I haven't (yet) found a procurve switch that IMC couldn't identify automatically once it was imported. Which model are you using?
H3C by default have SNMP v1 switched off (and rightly so) - if you want to use it you have to re-enable it. There was a "snmp-agent sysinfo version all" command IIRC.
Regards
Ian
Everyday's a school day. Go to bed smarter than when you woke.
A.P. Olsthoorn
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problems integrate Procurve switches in IMC 5,0 Sp1 L05: still unknown traps

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.

When I worked some more time with IMS 5.0 SP1 I found out that Procurve switches are integrated pretty good exept for one trap which is the Fault Finder Trap. I added this one manually and eventually I filtererd it out.

Again thank you for your time an effort.

Ad