1752273 Members
4716 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Reports in iMC

qos
Advisor

Reports in iMC

There are templates for reports in iMC which are quite limited. It is possible to have a report emailed when iMC has failed to backup a device but it does not have a template to send a report when a configuration has changed.

Is there any way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
qos
Advisor

I think it's Device History Report which is a Resource Statistics Report while the failed backup is an Intelligent Configuration Report
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

If you have the license for iAR, you can create your own custom reports.

However, I don't think that you'll be able to create a report showing changed devices - I'm just not sure that it's stored in a way that would let you create a custom report about it.

You can configure alarms in Config Center -> Options -> Backup Policy, to alert when a device config changes.

What would be nice would be to get a daily report saying "These devices changed, and here's the config differences" - but I don't believe there's any way of doing that right now. Possibly you could create something with the eAPI that might work, but I'm not sure.

randomizer
Frequent Visitor

one thing to note with config change messages is that if equipment is running NTP, NTP often stores time corrections in the config, so you get config change messages from IMC every time  NTP updates the device. This happens with HP A series equipment, and I know of other vendor gear that store NTP corrections in the config, so change notification becomes worthless/irritating.

Milleuardo

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Yup, the "ntp clock-period" line is a real pain. 

I've created a modified Cisco adapter that strips out that line, so it doesn't cause alarms. It only works for non-SNMP backups though, as my code that strips the line doesn't seem to work with SNMP adapters.