7801 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SSH login problems Huawei - config backup

zwerger
Frequent Advisor

SSH login problems Huawei - config backup

Hi,

I am experiencing some problems configuring the automated Backup settings for our Huawei Switches. I continue to get the "SNMP Set operation failed". I noticed that even a simple SSH-Check does not work within IMC Management Console. I continue to get login errors even in the switch logbuffer.

A manual login from the IMC server via f.ex putty works, also a test with IMC's plink.exe works like a charm.

Does anyone have some hints?

Thanks & Best regards,

J├╝rgen

11 REPLIES 11
tvioleau
Occasional Advisor

Re: SSH login problems Huawei - config backup

Hi,

I have the same problem. When I use putty.exe, ssh work but with IMC, ssh connection doesn't work. However, the telnet connection work with same login.

You can see the different with sshputty and sshimc logs.

I try to use ftp for backup but it doesn's work too, message error is '' FTP server not started ''.

tvioleau
Occasional Advisor

For SNMPv3, use this config on huawei switch :

snmp-agent sys-info version v3
snmp-agent group v3 admingroup authentication
snmp-agent group v3 admingroup privacy read-view MIBviewIMC write-view MIBviewIMC
snmp-agent mib-view included MIBviewIMC iso
snmp-agent usm-user v3 $login$
snmp-agent usm-user v3 $login$ group admingroup
snmp-agent usm-user v3 $login$ authentication-mode sha cipher $password$
snmp-agent usm-user v3 $login$ privacy-mode des56 cipher $password$

SNMPv3 work for me !

zwerger
Frequent Advisor

so you use Telnet as "Login Type" and set the SNMP to v3? And in the File Transfer Mode (Backup Job config) you use TFTP?

Thanks & Regards,

J├╝rgen

tvioleau
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I use Telnet and snmpv3.

For backup, i try to use FTP but there is no FTP in IMC.

this morning, I try TFTP but there is an error 'SNMP Set operation failed.' :

1. Check that the SNMP parameters are correct. With SNMPv3 adopted, the username, authentication password, privacy password and privacy mode for the device and the iMC should be the same.
2. Check the MIB style (Execute the display mib-style command. If the MIB style is displayed as new, but it displays that the node sending the Set request is 2011 after packet capturing, synchronize the device. Check the MIB style again. If the MIB style is still inconsistent, execute the mib-style [ new | compatible ] command, and then restart the device.).
3. Error code such as no such name may occur for the Set operation. You need to capture packets to analyze whether such error occurs in the response received by the device.
4. Device busy, please retry later.

zwerger
Frequent Advisor

I have the same problem here....

tvioleau
Occasional Advisor

In previous version of IMC, you have resolve the same probleme with the update ?

https://community.hpe.com/t5/IMC/SSH-Login-Huawei-Switches-Topology-Link-Design/m-p/6807968

And since IMC 7.2, the probleme is back ?

zwerger
Frequent Advisor

yes, that's right,  in iMC 7.1 E0303P16 everything works perfect, in 7.2 (E0403P10) it does not work anymore.

tvioleau
Occasional Advisor

I think, we can do nothing and we must do wait the next version/patch. The 7.3 version will soon be shared.

I see a HP architect in the second week of february, if we solve the probleme, I write it on this post.

zwerger
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

did you resolve the issue by updating to version 7.3?

Best regards