3998 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSID Statistic from IMC for Aruba Wifi AP

nmarchewka
Occasional Contributor

SSID Statistic from IMC for Aruba Wifi AP

Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to get some SSID statistics from IMC but I encounter some difficulties.

I have an Aruba AP 425 (named 39218) connected to an HP 870 Cluster, supervised by IMC with the WLAN module.

On my AP, multiples networks are configured :

- Some with a captive portal

- One with a direct WPA2 authentication (named indestat-cisco)

I would like to know how can I get the connection statistics of my indestat-cisco SSID for my AP 39218 from IMC ?

Thank's for your help.

PS : Please let me know if you need more informations

Nicolas MARCHEWKA
Network & Security Engineer
3 REPLIES 3
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

even though HP has made aruba its primary wifi product line, support in IMC is still pretty thin. About all you can do at this point is know that they are on-line and active, and get some very limited info about clients. 

You can also view some of this in those AP reports that do return data.

I have both MSM and aruba APs - MSM is well supported but not going to get much more development in IMC. Aruba hopefully is coming - soon?

If you want to track users connected with the SSID, you could use IMC as your radius server along with the UAM module and get some user related statistics that way, but that may not be as much as you want. Plus you need a UAM license

TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor

If you are using Aruba wireless then I think you would be better off looking at Airwave instead of IMC for wireless monitoring.

nmarchewka
Occasional Contributor

Thank's for your answer.

I understand now why I couldn't do that.

Hope IMC will support Aruba AP with more functions soon :)

Nicolas MARCHEWKA
Network & Security Engineer