7424 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Software:The version could not be evaluated

Waverunner
Occasional Collector

Software:The version could not be evaluated

Dears,

Using iMC or downloading from the HP download center, all Firmwares come in .ZIP format. Inside the .bin have 2 files which are a "freeradius" and a "packet-capture". files. 

Which one should I choose? Because the old files are not like this and seem. Problem also is that I can't find that format anymore.

IMC can only accept .BIN files to be able to evaluate the software and therefore you can proceed to the next step.

Thanks for the support.

6 REPLIES 6
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @Waverunner ,

From which version to which version are you upgrading?

Can you share the product number 'JXXXXXX'?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Waverunner
Occasional Collector

Hello,

Upgrading from 7.1.070 Release 3506P11    to     5130_EI_7.10.R3506P11.zip

My Switch is a JG936A.

Thanks

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @Waverunner ,

From topic heading it seems IMC issue however this is a switch issue.

I am not sure how oyu will upgrade 'from' to 'to' on same version. "Upgrading from 7.1.070 Release 3506P11    to     5130_EI_7.10.R3506P11.zip" 

--Above both are same versions.

However below is the link for latest software version: 5130_EI_7.10.R3507

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/DownloadSoftware.aspx?SoftwareReleaseUId=29716&ProductNumber=JG936A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=&SaidNumber=

Below is the link for latest software version: 5130_EI_7.10.R3506P11

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/DownloadSoftware.aspx?SoftwareReleaseUId=28916&ProductNumber=JG936A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=&SaidNumber=

Inside .zip file you will get .ipe or .bin file.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hi @Waverunner !

For the software update you will need only .IPE file (like '5130EI-CMW710-R3507.ipe').

'packet-capture.bin' is the hot-patch that enables packet capture and analysis on the switch itself. It is necessary patch if you plan to use 'packet-capture' command, but since this feature is used primarily during troubleshotting phase and is not needed during normal operation, HPE decided to separate this functionality from the main software.

'freeradius' is a feature image, again installed as a hot-patch that adds FreeRADIUS functionality to a switch when it works as a RADIUS server. Again, since it's a corner case, this feature is separated from the main image.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Waverunner
Occasional Collector

Thanks akg7,

I misspelled worng the firmwares on the chat. 

Thanks for sharing the links but I was more looking for the reply I got from Ivan_B

It really answered my question.

Thank you all

Waverunner
Occasional Collector

Thanks Ivan,

This was a answer that I was lookign for.

Best regards