1753383 Members
5780 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Tool to Monitor and Administer HP Switches and other network devices

TSMITH19422
Occasional Visitor

Tool to Monitor and Administer HP Switches and other network devices

We have recommended HP IMC to a customer for monitoring his network and for configuring HP switches and other network devices.  They want a solution that monitors as well as provides a graphical user interface for the configuration of HP switches and other network devices.  They don't want to use the command line.

I am not aware of such a solution.  Is there such a tool that anyone knows of that will provide this capability?

Thanks,

Todd.

3 REPLIES 3
TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor

Re: Tool to Monitor and Administer HP Switches and other network devices

Airwave will have such a capability when HPE Aruba finishes the merger of product lines. Not sure about when it happens though. Reach out to your vendor and ask them to check for you.

johnk3r
Respected Contributor

The IMC tool at that time seems to be more robust than Airwave. If the need is just the management / configuration of the switches, I believe that IMC is the best solution.

Airwave is a good solution, but in my view it does not have the same maturity as IMC.

Note: As far as I can remember, Airwave does not mount the network topology :(

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
ibias
Regular Advisor

You have graphical UI if you configure with imc VLAN, ACL and some other with different modules, thats not supported in Airwave up to now. Be aware Airwave is client centric vs imc is device centric. So for switches or routers it is the best.

Yes the configuration templates are CLI based, but if you have created it one time you can use it very often with different devices. And imc offers many system created template for usage or for copy and change for yourself.

The problem for configuration of different types with GUI is very difficult because of the different front ends. You must create for every OS an own GUI. For one device you can use the web browser link in the device detail view.