7235 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Upgrading 5945 stack via IMC

declan2777
Frequent Advisor

Upgrading 5945 stack via IMC

Hi there,

I am looking to upgrade my stacks via IMC. The current version I have them is the Version 7.1.070, Release 6555P01 and looking to upgrade to R6616. Has anyone else doen this already. Any known issues that I will need to be aware of and also was the process easy?

9 REPLIES 9
declan2777
Frequent Advisor

Also, can I go from my current version to the R6616? skipping 2 upgrades?

Switch upgrades.PNG

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

You are good to do direct upgrade from .R6555P01 to R6616.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
declan2777
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks so it is just a straight forward upgrade  to the stack by IMC?

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes. it is just a straight forward upgrade  to the stack.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
drk787
HPE Pro

@declan2777 Which method of upgrade you are goint to perform, is it ISSU. The latest release notes (R6616) has the following restriction if you are performing ISSU.

"ISSU is not supported on an IRF fabric that uses 40-GE QSFP+ cables for IRF link connections. To perform ISSU on the IRF fabric, replace the cables with 100-GE or 40-GE transceiver modules or cables"

I personally recommend upgrading the IRF using CLI/console where you will have full control and will know as what is happening, rather than through IMC even though it supports. In eitehr ways, schedule a maintenance window and perform the upgrade.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

declan2777
Frequent Advisor

Hi there,

Many thanks for your feedback. Luckily the IRF stack are connected via Hundred Gig ports. Can I do a ISSU upgrade via IMC though? I am assuming no but just wondering you can?

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

IMC supports ISSU and also has some options you can select when creating a software deployment task for this:

2021-02-16 17_17_20-HPE Intelligent Management Center.png

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello  @declan2777,

Please go through R6616 Release Notes and Restrictions and cautions on Pg.9 before going for an upgrade.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00110859en_us

Yes, you can do ISSU upgrade via IMC but as  @drk787  mentioned, we personally recommend upgrading the IRF using CLI/console where you will have full control and will know as what is happening.

Thanks!

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

HPE is awaiting your response. Please confirm status of your query

Thanks!