3017 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Web Alarm panel reset for a user

CJ_1
Advisor

Web Alarm panel reset for a user

Hello Everyone,

My quick question is, is there a config file in the backend that I can use to reset my 'Web Alarm Panel' as I think that I have a corrupted setting for my user specific. Additional details below.

DETAILS:

Since the past couple of versions, I'm unable to see the 'Web Alarm Panel' in the lower left corner, instead I have a box that reports an error. This box is actually impossible to see and because of that it is the reason I haven't worked on it, but I've had some time and started investigating.

Error

Annotation 2019-12-10 090602.png

Should be:

Annotation 2019-12-10 090712.png

After investigating, that little box says the following:

Remediation Suggestion
1) Go back to Home to try again.
2) Collect logs and contact technical support for help. To obtain compressed logs, log in to the system server, execute file deploy\logfiles.bat (for Windows) or deploy/logfiles.sh (for Linux) in the installation path, and go to the tmp folder in the installation path.
Error Details

The error details opens up further and reports a bunch of JAVA exception info.

My suspicion is that this is coming from a custimization setting that I made in the Web Alarm Panel many moons ago. I based this on that nobody else is receiving this error and if I log out and log back in under the administrative account, everything works as expected.

I have run the 'logfiles.bat', but that creates a 300mb file dump and I'm wondering if there is a faster method than looking through a bunch of files and folders.

7 REPLIES 7
drk787
HPE Pro

Hi,

Could be a brower issue? Can you try with a diffrent browser and test.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

CJ_1
Advisor

@drk787 

I thought the same, but already tried that. Also, if using the same browser session and I login as another user, it works as expected.

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

I've seen this before, but we never got to the bottom of it. The issue can be worked around by deleting and re-creating the affected operators, and that's what our customer decided to do before we could get the needed data. We figured it was a one-off issue, but since it is happening to you too, I'd appreciate if you can open a support case for that, and don't work around it so we can investigate further.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
CJ_1
Advisor

Justin,

I'd be more than happy to, but can I do that without an active support contract?

elchy

I experience exactly the same issue since E0703 with the builtin "admin" operator.

Upgrade to E0705P02 didn't help, deleting the files below <installpath>\client\widgets\operator\admin\ didn't help as well. Newly created operators don't have this problem, but the "admin" operator has it with every browser. Unfortunately, the customer want's to use the "admin" operator only.

Does anyone know how to reset the "admin" operator to factory defaults?

The customer has lost his IMC support contract number, so I'm not able to open a TAC case on this, sorry.

Best regards,
Andreas

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

I'm not aware of any method to reset the default "admin" operator. There's a method to reset the default admin password, using the 'client\bin\resetpwd.bat' from CMD, but I don't think it will reset anything else.

Good news though - we have another customer with a support contract, so we have a case opened for this, and this should be resolved in a future patch release. I'll let you know if we can find a workaround as well.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
CJ_1
Advisor

@jguse 

Justin,

Really appreciate the feedback and apologize for my delayed response. 

I'm working on a support for IMC, but am encouraged that someone else opened a support ticket.

-Chris