1753960 Members
7317 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: changing the configuration backup script

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@racowi where is the NAT in your case? Is the IMC server being NATted, or is it the device?

What happens if you try to manually back the device up using SCP? Do it from the IMC server, but don't use IMC itself - just use scp on the CLI. Does that work? If not, where does it fail? Have you configured SCP on the Cisco device?

Similarly with CLI backup - where is that failing? What errors are you getting? Can you manually SSH from your IMC server to the device?

racowi
Frequent Advisor

I've fixed it! I was receiving the error Privilege Denied from Cisco, but I figured out it 'aaa authorization' command was missing on the config. For the backup cli script, I was receiving "error message: Could not show the running-config."

I never figured out the reason for this one. But the SCP is running now. Thanks.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Good to hear!
racowi
Frequent Advisor

@LindsayHill BTW, Do you have knowledge on the "Intelligent Policy Center" module on IMC? It look very interesting, but some of the thing dont run for me or I don't understand how achive them. I also tried to find documentation for this, but even in the IMC help, this area is not mentioned.

Thanks

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Intelligent policy center is covered in the Enterprise and Standard Platform administrator guide Part number: 5200-2690
Software version: IMC PLAT 7.3 (E0502) page 925:

IPC includes the following parts:
 Event Configuration—Allows you to define device alarm events and periodic events.
 Action Configuration—Allows you to view available actions.
 Policy Management—Allows you to manage policies. A policy specifies the actions to take in response to an event.
 View Event—Displays events that occurred and policy execution results.
 Report—Allows you to view the event report and policy execution report for the last hour.

You select alarms to monitor, then create a policy to take some action, such as shutdown a port, restart a vm, run a check task, send an email, run a script etc  - 17 defined currently. You can apply to entire network or just a range of IPs or group of devices.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

There's some stuff in the Admin Guide PDF about Policy Centre.

I tried doing some things with it a few years ago, but didn't have much luck. At the time the docs implied you *could* extend it, but in reality you couldn't. I think that may have changed since, but I haven't had a chance to try it out.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

It's improved somewhat since then

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Good to hear
racowi
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I read the PDF but even with that, the information is too basic "generic". Some of the actions dont work for me or failed when are executed. The "Execute Under Condition" have never worked for me. Is like the script or development of this IMC "area" is damaged.

I'll look forward to use this feature in the future.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@racowi wrote:

Yes, I read the PDF but even with that, the information is too basic "generic". Some of the actions dont work for me or failed when are executed. The "Execute Under Condition" have never worked for me. Is like the script or development of this IMC "area" is damaged.

I'll look forward to use this feature in the future.

Start a new thread, and provide specifics of what you're trying to do, and what's not working.