3244 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

check task

Thupakki
Occasional Contributor

check task

Hello,

I want to use check task on IMC. I want to do periodic backup of all switch to save file configuration. 

For test i have create a display command " show running-config" for alcatel switch then i have create a rule in compliance policy and i have create a check task. 

When i run the check task, it shows that is a success but when i see "configuration retrieval report" there is nothing on that. With the command, there sould be the switch configuration on this report.

Thanks 

regards

5 REPLIES 5
jmpk
HPE Pro

Re: check task

Hello,

Can you let me know  file transfer mode are you using? Can try going through the imccfgbakdm logs to see where it's failing.

Also let us know the IMC firmware version and Alcatel switch model.

Thanks,

JMPK

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Thupakki
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm using TFTP transfer mode.  I use omnistack ls 6224p and also alcatel lucent os6250

IMC version: IMC plat 7.3  There is nothing on the log file, i've test to do the check task and then look the log but nothing about check task

( When i try manual backup, on log there is 

[ERROR (18)] [THREAD(5608)] [CComponentAdapter::isDevSupportServiceAction()] fail to call getDevAdapterName().DevID=65,ServiceName = ConfigBackup )

Thanks

jmpk
HPE Pro

Hi

Please let me know which method you are using to login into the device (SSH / Telnet) ?

If you are using SSH, you should change your file transfer mode to SCP or SFTP and make sure it's enabled on the switch.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Thupakki
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm using telnet. (Because i need to put "login as:" - "user name:" and "password" with SSH and i think it doesn"t work in IMC,  with telnet only username and password)

Thanks

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

For check tasks, the execution result column showing success only indicates that the task was able to communicate with the device, not necessarily that the check matched the conditions you were looking for.