5221 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: help with IMC 7.3 and Aruba switch 8400

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

help with IMC 7.3 and Aruba switch 8400

Hi

I'm traying to add Aruba switch 8400 to IMC 7.3 E0705P10 using the SNMPv3 but can't make it work,

can you help ?

10 REPLIES 10
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Can you try to increase the SNMP Timeout in IMC for the device to a longer value, like 60 seconds, and see if that works (under SNMP Settings)? There was a known issue related to this.

If that doesn't work, running a packet trace of the SNMPv3 traffic when adding/synchronizing the device is a good way to determine what is going wrong with SNMP communication, and it would be helpful if you could share some more details on how you have configured SNMPv3 and what you've tested so far. 

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
MohammadH
Regular Advisor

I will try as you suggest but do you have example for the snmpv3 configuration for switch 8400 becouse i want confirm the configuration

Thank you
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Have you tried changing the SNMP Timeout as I've mentioned above? This should resolve the issue.

SNMPv3 configuration for AOS-CX can be found in various configuration guides, such as this one: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.05/HTML/5200-7323/index.html#GUID-F35DAD42-EC0A-4E3A-9027-E9DCD9AB758F.html

You could also test SNMPv2c on the switches with iMC - if that works right away, it must be the timeout issue mentioned above.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello,

I try change the timeout to 60 sec but not working, now i checking if the configure i use is correct or not ? 

the edge switch is working fine only 8400 not working

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Here is a screenshot of the timeout that should be configured under SNMP Settings for the device - can you confirm that this is what you've configured and share a screenshot?

Aruba OS CX and IMC.png

If you are still having issues, it's likely the SNMPv3 configuration. Make sure you are using matching algorithms and passwords between iMC and the device. Have you also checked if it works with SNMP v2c?

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello,

yes that like my configured  see the screenshot:

imc snmpv3.PNG

but not working, i check the SNMPv3 configuration but not working.

can you share example of the congfigure for snmpv3 ?

Thank you

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

SNMPv3 configuration is outlined in the document I had linked - for your case I think you will only need the one line that configures the user with the appropriate protocols and passwords.

switch(config)# snmpv3 user Admin auth sha auth-pass plaintext mypassword priv des priv-pass plaintext myprivpass

I also noticed that you configured an SNMPv3 Context on iMC. The context should not be needed - can you try without this?

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello,
I try with and whitout context but not working wnd the i use same configure
snmpv3 user Admin auth sha auth-pass plaintext mypassword priv des priv-pass plaintext myprivpass
But not working
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Have you used DES for the privacy algorithm on both the device and IMC? I'm asking since you shared the command with DES, however the screenshot of the SNMPv3 template in IMC shows it using AES instead.

If that's not it, then I think you may need to open an HPE Support case so that we can investigate this in more detail.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo