6007 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

iAR Documentation - Data table descriptions and template upload issues

tseeney
Occasional Advisor

iAR Documentation - Data table descriptions and template upload issues

Good day,

I'm using IMC v7.1, E0303.  I have iAR installed and I'm just starting to pull some reports, and I've run into two issues:

1.  On Page 23 of the "iAR Quick Start Guide", in the NOTE: section it mentions to see iAR Data Source Description (Platform Volume)I cannot locate this reference anywhere.  It's not in the main document (that I can see) and when I perform searches on the HP support site, the document does not come up. 

2. I have created a test .RPT file and am trying to upload it to iMC, following the instructions on page 37 of the "iAR Quick Start Guide".  When I do, I get the following error, despite being able to successfully run the report in iAR:

"FailureLogon Error: Login failed for user 'report'. ClientConnectionId:6926248d-cb30-483b-9bf5-961bd0d40ddd"

Anyone experience this issue before?  I have admin rights on iMC, and the server it is installed on. 

1 REPLY 1
tseeney
Occasional Advisor

Re: iAR Documentation - Data table descriptions and template upload issues

...and as a quick follow-up, on Page 12 of the "iAR Quick Start Guide" it instructs the user to use "sqlsql" as the initial password for the credentials used to access the data source.  This was failing for me, so I went into the DB (MSSQLSERVER) and changed the "report" userID -password to "sqlsql" and ever since, was able to connect to the DB, but some previous generated default reports wouldn't work.  The users were forced to enter login ID's and pwds to access the reports.  Now, I cannot upload the .RPT files and it cites the "report" userID in the error field.

Should I change the pwd for the user "report" back to the default, and what was the default pwd?  "blank"?