cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMC 7.0 Backup issues after ISSU upgrade IRF stacks

Cn33liz
Occasional Visitor

iMC 7.0 Backup issues after ISSU upgrade IRF stacks

Recently we did an "In Service Software Upgrade" (ISSU) upgrade of four of our HP A5820 IRF stacks to Comware Version 5.20, Release 1211P09.
After that the iMC backup of the startup configuration fails for the upgraded devices.
We run iMC 7.0 E0102P05 on RedHat Linux 5.10.

I noticed the following error in the imccfgbakdm logfile:

2014-03-22 01:00:37.369 [ERROR (-1)] [THREAD(3859721104)] [CCfgfileSftpAgent::execCmd()] Invalid resp: % File can't be found  "null".
2014-03-22 01:00:37.369 [ERROR (6006)] [THREAD(3859721104)] [CCfgfileSftpAgent::getDevStartupCfgfileName()] Failed to exec ssh cmd: dir NULL
2014-03-22 01:00:37.369 [ERROR (6006)] [THREAD(3859721104)] [CCfgfileSftpAgent::backupStartup()] Failed to get startup config file name.     

It looks like the iMC backup adapter cannot find the startup config file named "NULL", so i used the "display startup" command to check the actual name of the startup config file.
Running this command i noticed the following on the upgraded IRF stacks:

MainBoard:
 Current startup saved-configuration file: NULL
 Next main startup saved-configuration file: flash:/config.cfg
 Next backup startup saved-configuration file: flash:/
Slot 1:
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

After the firmware upgrade the "Current startup saved-configuration file" entry changed to "NULL" instead of "flash:/config.cfg".
I tried several commands to get the Current startup file entry filled in again, but nothing is working.
The question is if this is a bug within the Comware firmware, or if this is a issue with the iMC backup adapter for this device?
I looked into /opt/iMC/server/conf/adapters/ICC/H3C/H3CCommon files to see if i can change the adapter scripts to check for the "Next main startup saved-configuration file" entry, but i cannot find a way to do this.
Has anyone seen this issue before and knows a way to tackle this?
The strange thing is that we run a couple more stacks with "Comware Version 5.20, Release 1211P09" that have no issues, but these switches have never been upgraded using ISSU.