1751854 Members
6332 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

iMC 7.0 recognises HP 20G Unified Module as wireless device but not as Controller?

lroo
Occasional Contributor

iMC 7.0 recognises HP 20G Unified Module as wireless device but not as Controller?

I've two HP 10500/7500 20G unified modules in two HP7506 Chassis configured in a IRF.

both modules are working fine, but the active module who has al the active clients is not shown als "AC" in iMC 7.0.

i've deleted and rediscoverd the module twice, snmp read community is oke, because i can backup the config.

the discovered o.i.d 's are equal of both modules as you can see in attached file.

has anyone a idea to fix this?

MASE Network Infrastructure 2011,
MASE Wireless 2010,
CCNA,
CCNP Switch.
1 REPLY 1
Pack3tL0ss
Valued Contributor

Re: iMC 7.0 recognises HP 20G Unified Module as wireless device but not as Controller?

Just to make sure... You do have the WSM module installed, It sounds like the other controller is showing up in WSM?

From the device details view of the controller you tried "synchronize" to see if WSM would pick it up?

and you already mentioned you deleted and re-added.... Double check the access settings... you have it configured for telnet so on the right menu (device details page) under configure - select "configure telnet settings" and hit test.  Do the same for "configure snmp settings" just to make sure, but SNMP read clearly works or it wouldn't pull in the information it has.

PL