3610 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

iMC Compliance Checking

streeb
Occasional Advisor

iMC Compliance Checking

Hi, 

I have been doing some work with iMC and compliance checking and so far I have run into a couple of barriers to getting what I want out of the product. 

The first one is I would like to be able to take a particular piece of the config e.g. a loopback IP and use that to check other bits of the configuration where that should be present e.g. RIDs etc. At this point I cannot see a way of doing this in the compliance module. Any ideas welcome. 

The other complaint, and it may be my ignorance, but the only way I have been able to check both what configuration should be on a box as well as ensuring nothing else is on there is using extended regex. Just wondering if anyone has been successful in getting these checks working with the line by line basis using the Advanced check.  My problem with the regex is that it works to tell you that the configuration is non-compliant but it does not highlight the exact line that is the problem. This does happen when you use the line-by-line approach with an advanced check compliance policy. 

If anyone can enlighten me on either of these points I would be eternally grateful. 

Regards

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
ibias
Regular Advisor

Re: iMC Compliance some time beChecking

Some time before I have found a great post from Lindsay Hill regards compliance check in imc, but my saved link wasn't working furthermore. Cold be that he has change it.

@Lindsay Hill: is it possible to get the link here?

streeb
Occasional Advisor

Re: iMC Compliance some time beChecking