6081 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

iMC-IAR supportability

Van Tongerloo Marc
Occasional Advisor

iMC-IAR supportability

Hi all,

As part of my ASM job I need to understand iMC more in detail. My client currently runs iMC5.2 on RedHat (perhaps will change to Windows platform).

Is it correct to state that the IAR needs to be installed on PC or can it be installed on the same server running RedHat?

Can it communicate with the iMC server running on RedHat (on a VMware system) if installed on a PC?

where can I find all documentation for the iMC suite?

Kind regards,

MarcVT

1 REPLY 1
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: iMC-IAR supportability

iAR is a client-side application. You would run it on a Windows PC, not on the Linux server. It should be able to connect to iMC on Linux.

If you download the IMC install files, there's a "manuals" directory containing PDFs for operating and administering IMC.

You can also get access to the various PDFs by going to the main product page for IMC, clicking on the Resources tab, then "Technical Documentation", and going to the link in the "Manuals" section. This takes you to here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12883&prodSeriesId=4176535