1753361 Members
5600 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

iMC backups mostly fail after upgrading to PLAT 7.3 (E0705)

cttripp1
Advisor

iMC backups mostly fail after upgrading to PLAT 7.3 (E0705)

I upgraded my iMC PLAT 7.3 server from E0605P06 to E0705 about five days ago, and now my daily backups of most of my network equipment configuration files fail.  The backup account is the local switch account, which I have configured in iMC under System > Access Parameter Templates in the SSH tab.

There are two issues after the upgrade:

1. About 90% of the devices no longer back up.  When I look at the logs, the error message reads "SSH authentication failure".  However, when I go to each of the failed devices and test its SSH settings under "Configure | Modify SSH settings", it works.  The remaining 10% of devices continue to back up normally.  There's no identifyable differences in the systems that back up and those that don't.
  2. When the backup job completes, it no longer emails the results.  For the first two days after I upgraded iMC, the results email was generated, but not since then.

Nothing else on the server has changed other than the iMC upgrade (to my knowledge).  It doesn't make sense that SSH tests OK but I get an SSH authentication failure; I've also putty'd straight into these switches using the local account without any issues, using a putty client I have on my iMC server.

I have a 2nd iMC server still running E0605P06 (not an HA pair but an independent system), and it continues to backup normally.  I don't want to upgrade it until I get this first server fixed.

So far, everything else about the upgraded iMC seems to be working.

1 REPLY 1
cttripp1
Advisor

Re: iMC backups mostly fail after upgrading to PLAT 7.3 (E0705)

Well, it wasn't iMC.  For some reason most of my HPE switches suddenly had their 'sftp server enable' command removed.  No idea how it happened.  I can't imagine iMC did it but I don't know what else could have.

Anyway, I got sftp re-enabled on the switches and backup is working... except I'm still not getting a verification email at the end of the job.