5032 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

invalid licence after cloning VM IMC 7.3

nonozi
Occasional Advisor

invalid licence after cloning VM IMC 7.3

Hello,

I need to do some maintenance on the hard drives of the server (removing RAID software). To secure the operation in the event of a major problem, I cloned this VM but it does not work : at authentication on the IMC, I have a message indicating that the license is invalid.

How to fix it please ?

Regards

Arnaud

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: invalid licence after cloning VM IMC 7.3

I believe you need to migrate the license (because the IMC was re-hosted on a new system id) to the new host. I've done after I was forced to recover the entire IMC's VM from backup...the IMC wasn't licensed as before and I discovered that was due to a change in the ID of the host hosting the IMC application.so it needs to be re-activated by using the newly generated license (HPE provides it if you migrate the licensing from the old host to the new one). 

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: invalid licence after cloning VM IMC 7.3

Hello,

As parnassus pointed out, your issue is due to the license being invalidated. This happens because the SN of iMC is tied to the MAC address of the primary/active NIC of the iMC server. If that changes for any reason - it could be cloning or a dynamic MAC configuration on the NIC or otherwise - then the SN of iMC will be re-generated and the current license will thus become invalid.

To resolve this, you would need to transfer your license from the current system to the new one. You can do this on the My Networking site, where you can initiate a license transfer yourself a few times. If you run out of transfers or prefer not to do it yourself, you would need to open a support case with the licensing team to assist you. You will need to provide them with the current and new SN of your iMC systems to perform the transfer.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo