7 REPLIES 7
MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Re: question about IMC.. ?

No replay ?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Have you looked in the Online Help or the Admin Guide? Do they contain any information about this?

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

This reminded me I had not installed the dhcp-plugin for win dhcp, so I took a look.

The Admin Guide & Help have nothing on the dhcp server question raised by the OP.

Its a list box without a way to populate by edit. The guide talks about other things related to DHCP allocation and tracking but not how the list of servers gets filled out.

After installing the plug in I did start getting more/better dhcp information on host name vs ip in the history. For more on installing the plugin see the Deployment Guide.

I had wondered if maybe the system would detect the plugin on the DHCP server and then add the dhcp server to the list, but 2 hrs later nothing yet. Sometimes it take imC a while tho.

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello

thank you for replay, yes i read about the DHCP Plug and i install but nothing so far that why i ask can't find anything about it.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Got this to work. It does depend on DHCP plugin agent to be correctly installed on DHCP server. I thought i did but went back and verified it for another reason.

EDIT: There are TWO dhcp plugin/agents included with iIMC install. One is in the Platform Installer, but not all the patches have it. This needs to be installed first, see info in the Platform Deployment Guide. Need to edit a file on the imc server and the local install.

This installs a service so start that up. This service sends some of the DHCP info to imc, but to get the UAM module to pick up the assigned IP address and map to username, the agent from the UAM install package needs to be installed. (this was most important to me, more than managing DHCP)

Leave the  IMC DHCP Plug service running. Stop the DHCP service. Then install the Agent from UAM to the DHCP server.

Run the DHCP agent from the start menu. It should show the DHCP server not running. Set the address for the IMC server and log level - use debug to verfiy the operation then change later. The Agent is sending the ip-mac for each lease. The agent will not do anything without the Plug installed. I think the plugin enables the other configuration functions.

END EDIT

When its installed you can open the agent config screen and see its working - see screen shot. You will need to stop the DHCP server to install. We have a DHCP cluster so each server in the cluster needs to get the agent installed.

After I had the agent running back in imc the DHCP server was now discovered under Terminal Accces> DHCP configuration. Any DHCP servers with the plug and agent installed will appear on the list - see screen shot

Clicking DHCP server will show DHCP subnets, reserved ips and allocated ips. - see screen shot.

Ther is an add subnet function, but imC says failed,. The other scope edit functions look like not working. 

ley_1
Advisor

Hi,
I have the same problem. I have the dhcp-agent from the imc installs. Ie the service on the dhcp server and the adjustment in the imc (according HPE IMC Centralized Deployment Guide). But I do not see a DHCP server.
Do I need to install the UAM or just the plugin?

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

UAM is the module for authenticating users. The DHCP plugin distributed with the UAM module is needed to use DHCP information about the login so that UAM can match user and ip address.

If you are not using UAM then only install the dhcp plugin included with the IMC platform install. If that's not working then verify the configuration and make sure any needed ports are not being blocked between the dhcp server and imc.