New Discussion

relocating imc license to new server

SOLVED
Go to solution
grasch
Occasional Visitor

relocating imc license to new server

Hi!

How can I transfer the imc license to a new imc server?

the license file is not working, I guess it's generated and pinned to

the old vm?

Thx in advance!

Günther

6 REPLIES 6
_biv_
HPE Pro

Re: relocating imc license to new server

You will have to conntact HPE Network support and give to them the new iMC's Serial Number 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

grasch
Occasional Visitor

Hm, no response from the support yet... Hopefully they will accept the ticket soon...

Regards

Günther

rafter_1
Advisor

You should be able to transfer your own license via:

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/license/TransferSearch.aspx

AceJ
Occasional Visitor

We're having the same issue of needing a new IMC licence but it never appears in our transfer list and when looking at the licence it specificly says that support is the only people whom can transfer it, having to contact support every time we reboot the VM is starting to get old, 

devocite
Advisor

I just had to transfer an IMC license to a new install.  I had to call into HPE support.  They created a ticket and then someone, from the IMC, team gave me a call back quite promptly (20-30min).

I verified with the Gentalman helping me, you cannot transfer an IMC license online, only via support.  The only time you can get a IMC license online, is when are redeaming a new IMC purchase.

I gave him the old IMC serial # (IIMC-xxxxxx...) and then new serial # (IIMC-yyyyy...).  The process took about 15 min.

I applied the new license, restarted the IMC service and everything is back to normal.

Though the process is a bit incovenient, not being able to do it online, it was actually quite painless.

Just for the record, and side note: every customer who I've ever installed IMC loves it!  IMC is a Swiss Army Knife network work tool.  The cost is great, and the UI and functionality is wonderful.

Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor
Solution

NEW!

Now customers can transfer their IMC licenses without calling in to support. Instructions: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=null&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00052171en_us

Let us know what you think!

Kind regards,
Lynn-Marie

Accept or Kudo